In the search for measuring spoons? These are essential gear in any kitchen. Even though spoons may be the smallest item in the kitchen, these are equally essential as any other utensils.
Whether you are replacing your measuring spoons or getting yourself a new set for the first time, check out this list of some of the best measuring spoons available now.
In cooking, you often need to measure amounts, and measuring spoons which are part of a set of spoons of different sizes; it is vital to follow the exact amounts given in any recipe, whether liquid or dry ingredients, measuring spoons will provide you with the most accurate measurements for your meals to be a success every single time.
As you can see, measuring spoons are indispensable in any kitchen, big or small. However, in the world of measuring spoons, some are more accurate than others. So, how to know which measuring spoon you should get. No worries, below you’ll find a list of some of the best measuring spoons around and more helpful information.
Measuring Spoons FAQ’s
What are measuring spoons used for?
A measuring spoon is used to measure an amount of an ingredient, either liquid or dry when cooking. Measuring spoons may be made of plastic, metal, and other materials. They are available in many sizes, including teaspoons and tablespoons.
What are the sizes of measuring spoons?
American standard measuring spoons have four sizes: 1 tablespoon, one teaspoon (3 teaspoons equal to a tablespoon), 1/2 teaspoon, and 1/4 teaspoon.
What are the six measuring spoons?
For best results and proven accuracy, you need the six most-used spoon sizes: 1 tablespoon (15 ml), 1/2 tbsp (7.5 ml), one teaspoon (5 ml), 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml), 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml), and 1/8 tsp (0.6 ml).
Is a full spoon a teaspoon?
A teaspoon is a unit of volume measurement equal to 1/3 tablespoon. It is precisely equal to 5 mL. As might be used for eating yogurt from a small container or adding sugar to tea, a small spoon is about one teaspoon in size.
Which measuring spoons are the most accurate?
The OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons with Magnetic Snaps; are considered by experts the most consistently accurate of any spoons currently on the market, and they’re conveniently held together by magnets.
Are plastic measuring spoons good?
Plastic is cheaper but less durable. Plus, it’s prone to picking up food flavors, especially with wet ingredients.
On the other hand, stainless steel is more expensive, but it’s also challenging, nonporous, and long-lasting.
How do I choose a measuring spoon?
- Material. The best measuring spoons featured products made of stainless steel. That’s because stainless is the gold standard for creating durable, lasting spoons. The second most common measuring spoon material is plastic.
- Weight. The weight of a measuring spoon is another way to predict its durability. Those made of thicker stainless steel will feel more substantial in your hand.
- Accuracy. Be aware that there is a surprising disparity between the actual measurement amounts between products. Lower end sets were even more prone to over or under measuring.
- The shape of the spoon head. The shape of a measuring spoon’s head can have wide-ranging implications for what it can be used for.
- Markings. The measurement markings on spoons can be printed on or stamped into the metal.
- Connection. Some measuring spoon sets are connected via a solid ring. Higher quality sets typically utilize a ring that can be opened so individual spoons can be pulled off and used separately. Another option is a magnetic connection. Magnetic spoons stack and stay together thanks to a small magnetic fixture.
What shape of the spoon head is best?
- Deep rounded spoons are easiest to use with liquids and oils. The high walls and lower surface area make it harder to spill these types of ingredients.
- Shallow, elongated spoons are better for dry spices because they more easily fit into spice bottles.
- Double-headed spoons give you the best of both worlds but aren’t as comfortable to use because they lack an actual handle.
These spoons have engraved U.S. and metric measurement markings that are easy to read and won’t fade or rub off like plastic.
They nest together for compact storage and come with a convenient ring that opens and closes to let you use one spoon at a time and then keep them all together when you’re done. You’ll wonder how you ever lived without them.
The rectangular design is narrow to fit into most spice jars. You won’t need to shake spices onto the spoon, so you will save more and waste less of your expensive spices. Save precious time, too, since they are dishwasher safe.
- Stainless Steel
- Engraved U.S. and metric measurement markings
- Rectangular design
These magnetic spoons let you use one spoon at a time, and then they nest together for easy storage. Quickly grab the spoon you need without having to fumble by opening and closing a ring.
They even have the U.S. and metric measurement markings that are easy to read and won’t fade or rub off. You’ll wonder how you ever lived without them.
The oval end is narrow to fit into most spice jars. You won’t need to shake spices onto the spoon, so you will save more and waste less of your expensive spices. The round end is perfect for liquids. The spoons also lay flat on the counter without spilling their contents.
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
The stainless steel measuring cups & double-sided magnetic spoons are made of superior food-grade stainless steel, rust-resistant, no toxic elements, which are 100% safe for dry and wet ingredients.
These double-ended spoons feature a narrow end designed to fit most spice jars, so you won’t need to shake spices onto the spoon, so you will save more and waste less of your expensive spices. The round end is perfect for liquids.
The spoons also lay flat on the counter without spilling their contents. Save precious time, too, since they are dishwasher safe.
- Stainless Steel
- Dual Sided
Introducing the elegant and stylish measuring spoons, A perfect set of 6 18/8 stainless steel, highly satin brushed with the best quality.
Look amazing and easy to clean, plus the weight handle makes measuring out dry ingredients easy and accurate measure marking in different spoon sizes. Long-lasting and durable, and used by professionals.
A refine measurement ensures perfect food taste every time Accurate balance; the round-shape spoon heads and perfectly weighted handles, high-grade satin brushed stainless steel finish for long life.
- Innovative cupped and rounded spoon
- Accurate balance
- Stainless steel
Manufactured of the toughest stainless steel, these great nesting measuring spoons are oval to reach the most miniature spice jar.
The gently curved handles curl under, so the spoons can sit securely on the counter without tipping over. You won’t have to worry about capacity measurement decals wearing off over time.
Cuisipro stamps the capacity right into the handle of these measuring spoons. This set includes the essentials: 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 tsp, and 1 tbsp. They attach to a removable clip or can nest for storage.
- Made of stainless steel
- Oval shape to fit into spice jars
- Measurements are permanently stamped on spoon handles
- Removable loop