In the search for the best measuring cups? These are essential equipment for any kitchen. From whipping up a killer batch of pancakes or simply avoiding mushy rice, you really do need the best measuring cups.
Whether you are replacing your measuring cup or getting yourself one for the first time, check out this list of some of the best measuring cups available now.
If you want to elevate your cooking to the next level, a measuring cup is a crucial piece of kitchen equipment. Making suitable recipes with accurate measurements is one of the most important factors. And to use the correct measurements, a measuring cup is needed.
As you can see, measuring cups are indispensable in any kitchen, big or small. However, in the world of measuring cups, some are more accurate than others. So, how to know what type of measuring cup you should get. Do not panic; below, you’ll find a list with some of the best measuring cups around and everything you need to know about measuring cups.
Measuring Cups FAQ’s
What is the use of measuring cups?
A measuring cup is a kitchen utensil used primarily to measure the volume of liquid or bulk solid cooking ingredients such as flour and sugar, especially for volumes from about 50 mL (2 fl oz) upwards. Measuring cups are also used to measure washing powder, liquid detergents, and bleach for clothes washing.
What is the measurement of 1 cup?
1 Cup. is equal to 8 fluid ounces in US Standard Volume. It is a measure used in cooking. A Metric Cup is slightly different: it is 250 milliliters (about 8.5 fluid ounces).
What are the four types of measuring cups?
The standard four measuring cup sizes are 1 cup, ½ Cup, ⅓ Cup, and ¼ Cup. With those four cup sizes, you can measure dry ingredients for any recipe.
What is the difference between liquid and dry measuring cups?
Liquid measuring cups are usually glass or plastic with a handle. They allow you to pour a liquid into the cup and bring it even with a measurement line without spilling. On the other hand, dry measuring cups hold the exact amount of an ingredient and should be leveled off with a flat edge.
Is 1 cup dry the same as 1 cup liquid?
They are technically speaking, yes. They both measure the same amount of volume. One cup in a dry measuring cup is the same as 1 cup in a liquid measuring cup.
What cup should you use for measuring?
Wet measuring cups should be used to measure liquids; water, milk, oil, and anything else that pours easily. To measure wet ingredients, the measuring cup should be filled to the appropriate line. This is the big reason to use wet measuring cups for liquids.
What to focus on when choosing the best measuring cups, generally speaking?
- Type: When looking for measuring cups, make sure to buy the appropriate ones. Dry and liquid ingredients aren’t measured the same way and require specific cups.
- Measurement markings: Measurement marking should be easy to read and clear. It would help if you also looked for cups with at least the basic markings 1-Cup, ½-Cup, ⅓-Cup, and ¼-Cup.
- Size: For liquid, 2-cup versions are your best bet if you don’t want a set.
- Material: If you are someone who often uses melted butter or chocolates in your recipes, you should look for cups that are heat resistant, like Pyrex, OXO, or Cambro. Plastic measuring cups are great if you are looking for something lightweight and easy to pour.
What should you look for in a liquid measuring cup?
- 2-cup capacity. A 2-cup model cup it’s more compact and easy to lift than an unwieldy 4-cup model and more versatile than a 1-cup model.
- Well labeled: Look for models with markings that were easy to read and that included measurements in cups, milliliters, and fluid ounces.
- Durable and stain-resistant: Glass, plastic, and silicone cups each have different advantages in terms of how well a cup will hold up in the long run. However, silicone is the most durable.
- Stackable: Some liquid measuring cups allow you to stack multiple cups together for storage.
What should you look for in a dry measuring cup?
- Made of sturdy stainless steel: Metal cups won’t warp in the dishwasher or pick up stains from ingredients like turmeric.
- Well balanced: Short, wide handles help cups stay stable, and they can also be more comfortable to hold.
- Clearly labeled: Look for cups that have measurements stamped or etched on the handle.
- Easy to fill and to level: If there’s an aperture or if the handle is raised above the edge of the cup, it can be tricky to sweep a knife across and level the ingredients cleanly.
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set
These OXO measuring cups are stackable and won’t take up much room in your cabinets or countertops.
The set of three features standard cup markings as well as ounces and milliliters. The red lettering makes it easy to read, and the angled measurements on the inside of each cup also allow you to read from above easily.
The plastic cups are lightweight with a comfortable rubber handle and have an oval rime and pointed spout, perfect for pouring into narrow openings.
- Patented angled surface
- Standard and metric measurement markings
- Dishwasher safe and BPA free
OXO Good Grips 4 Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
The OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cup Set is an elegant yet functional measuring solution. The unique magnetic feature allows you to remove one cup at a time easily.
This feature also keeps the Cups neatly stacked together for storage. The sturdy, Stainless Steel Measuring Cups are designed to make leveling ingredients easy for greater accuracy.
The Cups feature permanent, etched measurement markings and have soft, comfortable, non-slip handles. Set includes 1/4 Cup, 1/3 Cup, 1/2 Cup, and 1 Cup Measuring Cups.
- 1 Fluid Ounce
- Stainless Steel
- Magnetic handles
KitchenAid Classic Measuring Cups
This KitchenAid measuring cup set includes four different cup sizes: 1/4 cup (59ml), 1/3 cup (79ml), 1/2 cup (118ml), and 1 cup (237ml). These Cups work with both wet and dry ingredients.
Crafted from durable, BPA-free plastic, each cup has its size printed in easy-to-read letters on its handle in both metric and imperial units. Each cup contains a matte exterior with a gloss interior and a black soft-grip having the stand mixer icon.
The Cups are designed to nest with a thick plastic ring to secure them together for easy organization and storage. Dishwasher safe, top rack recommended, for quick and easy clean up.
- Dishwasher safe
- BPA-Free plastic
OXO Good Grips 3 Piece Squeeze & Pour Silicone Measuring Cup Set
With a design inspired by a pattern found in nature, the OXO Good Grip Squeeze & Pour Silicone Measuring Cups make heating up ingredients like butter and chocolate easy and safe.
The honeycomb pattern on the outside of the Silicone Measuring Cups dissipates heat, making it safe to touch, even right out of the microwave.
The durable, BPA-free Cups feature convenient measurement markings and flat bases for microwave stability and countertops. The Silicone Measuring Cups come in 2 cups, 1 cup, and mini sizes and are dishwasher safe.
- Microwave safe
- Easy, precise pouring
- Honeycomb pattern
Nordic Ware Cups Bundt Measuring
Smooth on the inside with iconic Nordic Ware flutes on the outside. The soft plastic makes it easy to clean and can withstand high heat.
The set also features a ¾ cup which most sets do not offer. The set of six comes in colors like storm grey and seagrass.
- BPA-free and Melamine Free Plastic
- High-Heat Plastic
- Top-rack dishwasher safe
If you have decided on what meaning cups to buy, perhaps you’ll be interested in also buying measuring spoons.