These OREO cookie balls are produced with just three straightforward ingredients and are this kind of an effortless dessert recipe! They are enjoyable, festive and fantastic to make for entertaining. Drizzle with chocolate or top with your favourite colored sprinkles for the best decorative deal with!
I adore to make all types of truffle recipes. They are so easy, decorative and are ideal for any event. These OREO truffles are a household favorite, as properly as sugar cookie truffles, chocolate chip cookie dough truffles and brownie truffles.
These OREO cookie balls have been all around for years and are such an straightforward dessert to make all around the holidays. You might also hear them called OREO truffles, which tends to make them sound a minor fancier. My children Adore these OREO cake balls and inquire me to make them ever yr for Christmas dessert plates. They are so effortless and scrumptious!
I adore that this OREO balls recipe is so simple to make, however they look fancy as if you received them from a neighborhood bakery! I’ll typically drizzle the OREO balls with chocolate and best some of them with cookie crumbles. I occasionally even include colored sprinkles too! They are ideal for any vacation and are so exciting to decorate!
Elements for OREO cake balls
These OREO truffles aka OREO balls are made with just 3 basic elements and couldn’t be any less complicated to make! Examine out the components for the OREO balls beneath.
- OREO cookies
- Cream cheese
- Baking chocolate
How to make OREO balls
The OREO balls are so effortless to make and taste definitely scrumptious. Just comply with the tips below.
- Crush the oreos. The greatest way to crush oreos is to area them in a blender or meals processor.
- Mix with each other the oreo crumbs and cream cheese with a hand mixer. If it isn’t coming together, get your hands in there and mix it up.
- Use a modest cookie scoop to scoop out the dough. Then roll into a ball and place on the pan.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes or right up until somewhat firm. You don’t want them too cold.
- Dip in the melted chocolate.
What is the greatest chocolate for dipping?
It’s essential to make positive you are starting with the correct chocolate if you want a smooth finish on your OREO cream cheese balls.
- Ghiradelli melting wafers – These are my personal favorite…you can melt them in a microwave protected bowl and they often have a smooth finish. They also taste delightful!
- Wilton candy melts – I love employing these if I’m searching to use a particular shade. The red is best for the holidays.
- Almond bark – This is one more great choice.
- Couverture chocolate – Chocolate with a higher percentage of cocoa butter.
- Chocolate chips – If you’re desperate, you can use chocolate chips, but you wont get the smooth finish, specifically with white chocolate. But you could often include crushed nuts or oreos to the leading so that it’s not as obvious.
How do you melt chocolate for dipping?
If you are using the Ghiradelli melting wafers, you can melt them in a microwave safe bowl. I constantly microwave the bowl for one particular minute at 50% power. Then stir and microwave (at 50% electrical power) in 15 2nd increments, stirring until smooth.
You can also melt them in a double broiler if you have one particular. Merely boil the water, place the double broiler more than top and stir the chocolate sometimes until finally melted. Click here for far more tips and tricks for melting chocolate.
How to get a smooth finish
Right here are my tips for obtaining a smooth finish on your OREO cream cheese balls:
- Have all your dipping supplies set out so that when you’re chocolate is melted, you are prepared to go. The key is to move speedily!
- Make sure that your chocolate is melted and stirred until smooth.
- Location your OREO cookie ball on a fork. Then dip into the chocolate or use a spoon to coat the ball.
- Gently tap the fork on the side of the bowl to eliminate excess chocolate and generate the smooth finish.
- Use a toothpick to aid push the ball onto the parchment paper. Draw a line around the base of the ball with the toothpick if there is extra chocolate. The chocolate will break off less complicated when hardened.