This straightforward Potato Soup recipe is actually the greatest! It’s swift and easy to make on the stovetop, it’s wonderful and creamy (with out using heavy cream), and it’s constantly so cozy and comforting and scrumptious.
Do you have a preferred potato soup recipe?
If not — psst — bookmark this one particular!
This easy potato soup recipe has been my attempted-and-true, back-pocket, all-time-favored for over a decade now. It’s perfectly rich and creamy (without having making use of heavy cream), it’s total of flavor (because bland potato soup is the worst), it’s effortless to adapt to be vegetarian and/or gluten-free (see beneath), and it is often, constantly a crowd fave. I guarantee it won’t allow you down.
Let’s make some potato soup!
Potato Soup Recipe | one-Minute V >
Potato Soup Ingredients:
To make this simple potato soup recipe, you will require:
- Bacon: I suggest utilizing center-reduce bacon here, to hold it a bit much more lean. But any variety of bacon you adore will do. We will also use its leftover grease (or butter, if you desire) to saut the veggies for added taste. That sa >or veggie stock, and then what ever sort of milk you favor (I used 2% cow’s milk).
- Potatoes: I hugely advocate creating this soup with buttery Yukon gold potatoes. But russets or red potatoes would also do.
- Cheese: I advocate a excellent sharp cheddar cheese here for greatest flavor.
- Greek yogurt or sour cream: To make the soup additional-creamy.
- Salt and pepper: Add in as much as you want at the end to season your soup properly.
And finally…toppings! I’m a large believer that the far more, the merrier when it comes to toppings and potato soup. Some classic alternatives could include
- Added bacon, further shredded cheese, thinly-sliced green onions or chives, sour cream, fresh thyme, sprinkle of Cajun seasoning
How To Make Potato Soup:
To make this potato soup recipe, merely:
- Cook the bacon. Dice and then saut it in a massive stockpot until it’s great and crispy. Then transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, and reserve a few tablespoons of leftover grease in the stockpot (discarding the rest.)
- Saut the veggies. Saut the onion and garlic in the bacon grease until finally softened. Then stir in some flour, to create your roux.
- Include broth and potatoes. Then include the stock, milk and potatoes. Cook until the potatoes until softened, being certain to stir the soup frequently so that the bottom does not burn.
- Include remaining ingredients. Then stir in the cheese, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), and crispy bacon bits. Taste and season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm. Then serve it up, loaded up with all of your favorite toppings!
Guys, there are so a lot of ways to customize this soup! Some choices could include:
- Make it vegetarian: Nix the bacon. And in its area, include in two-3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning for a bit of extra taste. (Plus, use butter or olive oil in location of the bacon grease.)
- Make it gluten-free: You could either:
- omit the flour, and instead, whisk a tablespoon of cornstarch into the cold milk and then include it to the soup
- don’t fear about cornstarch/flour at all, and rather, puree half of the soup to thicken it
- Lighten it up: Really feel free to:
- omit the flour and two tablespoons of grease/butter, and as an alternative, puree half of the soup to thicken it
- use skim milk
- use turkey bacon (although you could need to have to include in a little added olive oil or butter to saut the veggies)
- Include in extra seasoning: If you would like to give your soup an further twist, really feel totally free to include in one tablespoon:
- Cajun Seasoning (my favored)
- Italian Seasoning
- Za’atar Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Use a combine of potatoes: For some thing distinct, come to feel free of charge to use a mix of Yukon gold potatoes and sweet potatoes, for more of a sweet and savory blend of flavors
- Add in some further veggies: If you’d like to load this up with extra veggies, come to feel free to toss in a handful of chopped cauliflower and/or broccoli along with the potatoes. They perform well with this recipe too!
What To Serve With Potato Soup:
Seeking for some side dishes to serve with this potato soup recipe? Here are a number of of my faves: