This Pork Chop Casserole is a crowd pleaser. Completely cooked pork with a cheesy hash brown mixture combines to develop the excellent dinner! If you adore casseroles, don’t miss my Nation Casserole and Chicken Marsala Casserole.
Pork Chop Casserole
The title for this dish need to be Crispy Cheesy Pork Chop Potato Casserole due to the fact it has glorious amounts of all of people components and some serious texture! Cheese during and on leading, fried onions, pork chops, hashbrowns, and the excellent quantity of seasoning! But I made a decision to keep the identify short and sweet and allow the recipe speak for itself.
Let’s Talk Pork
Generating confident you use the appropriate minimize of meat is crucial. Some pork is thin, some thick, some difficult, and some tender. To promise your Pork Chop Casserole comes out as best, I want to make certain you are making use of the correct lower of pork. I extremely advocate making use of a boneless chop in this recipe.
What are Boneless Chops?
Boneless chops (also named America’s minimize, pork chops, or pork filets) come from the loin, which runs from the hip to the shoulder and is made up of the tiny strip of meat called the tenderloin. They are basically leading loin with the bones removed. The meat is lean, with quite little fat. Because there is no bone, this minimize can be regarded much less flavorful than their bone-in counterpart. This is not a unfavorable in this recipe simply because we are including so considerably taste and texture!
Professional TIP: We typically acquire a massive boneless Pork Loin (seven-8 pounds) and lower the chops ourselves. It is generally more affordable and will allow you to make sure you get the best thickness.
How to Make Pork Casserole
Quick note: My 913 baking dish fit 6 boneless pork chops. Dependent on the cut, you may be in a position to fit a lot more or less. See how several you can match into your pan ahead of starting up.
Let’s start off by browning individuals stunning chops!
- Heat a huge skillet (or frying pan) above medium heat. Season the pork chops with seasoned salt or salt & pepper. Cook the pork chops until they are lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. They do not require to be cooked via, they will proceed cooking in the oven.
- Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain then set aside.
Up coming, the soup mixture wants to be produced:
- In a large bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup (truly feel cost-free to make your very own, this recipe for Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup is wonderful!), milk, sour cream, and the salt & pepper in a bowl. Fold in the thawed hash browns, three/4 cup of cheddar cheese, and one cup of French-fried onions. When mixed, pour that mixture into a greased 913 baking dish.
- Set the browned boneless chops on prime of the mixture and cover with foil securely.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Following the forty minutes is up, carefully take away the foil from the dish and add the remaining cheddar cheese and French-fried onions. Continue to cook for about five minutes, or right up until the cheese melts. Soon after it is baked the further 5 minutes, insert a thermometer into the pork to make certain it has reached 145°F.
What Does Pork Casserole Taste Like?
I had to restrain myself when taking images of this dish because my residence smelled so remarkable. (Even if I have eaten hundreds of times!) The last end result is a tender boneless pork chop that is flawlessly paired with creamy, cheesy hashbrowns. The French-fried onions add a wonderful texture to each bite as well as a bit of salty onion taste. The pork is great ample to stand on its personal, but I really like getting some of the cheesy hashbrowns in each bite. This is a actually very good pork casserole and one that even my picky kids loved.
What Do You Serve with Pork Chop Casserole?
We love this casserole with a light salad, but you can also serve dinner rolls and a vegetable like asparagus or Brussel sprouts.
It’s greatest to serve this casserole sizzling, right from the oven so that the pork doesn’t awesome also significantly.
Can You Freeze Pork Casserole?
You certain can! A few guidelines will make confident it is safe, tastes excellent, and won’t get freezer burn!
Separate the pork from the hashbrown mixture. Location the pork in an airtight container and into the freezer. If you don’t have an airtight container you can tightly wrap the chops in plastic wrap and then in foil. Then place them in a freezer bag and label with the date and recipe name. Place the hashbrown mixture in an airtight container and freeze along side the chops.
Double wrapping or employing airtight containers will protect the chops and hashbrowns properly and should prevent freezer burn.
I always thaw chops in the fridge, not on the counter. I advise taking it out of the freezer at least 24 hours prior to you want to make it.
To reheat, I choose the microwave. Some homesteaders don’t even very own a microwave, so truly feel cost-free to add all of the substances back into a baking dish and heat at 350°F for at least 15 minutes, up to 30 minutes. Just preserve an eye on it!
If the pork smells funny or seems slimy, please throw away and do not consider to reheat.