It’s asparagus season, and I can’t get adequate of it. Roasting asparagus brings out its best. The suggestions get a minor crispy in the oven, which I really like, and the flavor is much more concentrated than it would be if you steamed or sauted it.
Roasted asparagus is the ideal springtime side dish, whether or not for brunch or dinner. As a bonus, it’s basic to throw together although your primary dish cooks on the stove.
For these photographs, I decked out my asparagus with lemon, mint, red pepper flakes and the lightest shaving of Parmesan.
You can maintain your roasted asparagus as simple as you’d like. I included the basic recipe below, plus suggestions for altering up the seasonings!
How to Store Asparagus
Pro tip: Spot your asparagus in a hefty-bottomed jar or consuming glass when you get home, and add a couple inches of water. You can place a plastic bag more than the leading to retain greatest freshness.
Then, store the asparagus like this in your fridge. It will stay fresh for several days longer this way!
How to Prep Asparagus
The ends of asparagus can be unpleasantly challenging and woody. To take away these parts, sharply bend the asparagus near the base.
The asparagus will snap in the proper location. This would be a enjoyable dinnertime undertaking for little ones, I think.
How to Roast Asparagus
Roasting asparagus is super effortless and rapid! Just toss your ready asparagus with a light drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. I like to do this on a large, rimmed baking sheet (affiliate website link) lined with parchment paper for effortless clean-up.
Bake until the asparagus is effortlessly pierced by way of by a fork, which will fluctuate depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Pencil-thin asparagus, like the kind proven here, will be accomplished in as tiny as 10 minutes. Thicker asparagus will want in between 15 to twenty minutes. You’ll discover all of these information in the recipe below.
How to Season Asparagus
Right here are some ideas for flavors that will complement your roasted asparagus. Maintain it basic and pick just a single or two. Or go all-out like I did, and use all four of the 1st ideas.
- Lemon zest and/or lemon wedges
- Sprinkle of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Tiny handful of fresh mint or parsley, finely chopped
- Light sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Pat or two of butter
- Light drizzle of balsamic reduction or thick balsamic vinegar
- Toasted sliced almonds
Extra asparagus? Right here are some recipes that will use it up:
Searching more straightforward roasted side dishes? Consider these:
Please let me know how your roasted asparagus turns out in the comments! I’m actually seeking forward to hearing how you serve it.
Perfect Roasted Asparagus
- Writer: Cookie and Kate
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: two to four servings one x
- Class: Side Dish
- Technique: Roasted
- Cuisine: Italian
four.9 from 17 reviews
Learn how to make flawlessly roasted asparagus right here! This roasted asparagus recipe is a amazing springtime side dish that everybody will really like. You can season it nonetheless you’d like. You’ll uncover my seasoning ideas under. Recipe yields 2 large or 4 modest side servings.
- 1 large bunch (about 1 pound) fresh asparagus
- one to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a massive, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus (if you sharply bend the asparagus near the base, it will snap in the right spot). Discard the ends.
- Location the asparagus on the sheet and drizzle with one to 2 teaspoons olive oil, just ample to lightly coat the asparagus. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the asparagus, and toss right up until the spears are lightly coated in oil. Arrange the spears in a single layer on the pan.
- Bake just right up until the base of the asparagus is simply pierced through by a fork. Very thin asparagus, like the sort shown right here, will get as minor as 9 to 12 minutes, whereas thicker asparagus will want 15 to twenty minutes.
- Transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving platter and season even so you’d like. You could maintain it easy with a squeeze of lemon juice, or a sprinkle of Parmesan, or include a pat of butter or drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Roasted asparagus is ideal served when it’s fresh out of the oven, but it will hold at space temperature for up to one hour or up to four days in the refrigerator (gently reheat before serving).
Make it dairy totally free/vegan: Don’t add Parmesan or butter.
Make it nut cost-free: Don’t include almonds.